This is a breakfast you can prepare the night before if you’re pressed for time in the mornings! The moisture hydrates the oats, and it’s therefore easy to digest.
30g raw oats
80ml non-fat milk
85g plain non-fat yoghurt
1 teaspoon honey
Additional Ingredient variations:
1) Berries: 60g fresh mixed berries of choice
2) Apple & cinnamon: 1 whole apple, diced + cinnamon sprinkled to taste
3) Banana and nuts: 1 banana, sliced + 2 tablespoons mixed nuts, crushed
4) High protein coffee booster: 1 teaspoon instant coffee + 2 2ablespoons chocolate flavored protein powder mixed in a little warm water
5) High protein cocoa & banana: 1 banana, sliced + 2 tablespoons chocolate flavored protein powder (or 1 teaspoon cocoa powder)
1. Place oats in a large mug, bowl or mason jar. Add the milk.
2. Mix the honey into to the yoghurt and layer on top of the oats & milk.
3. Place in the fridge to soak overnight.
4. In the morning, dice the fruit, or mix all other ingredients and layer on top of the yoghurt. Enjoy!