Million Pound Makers

Rhonda Lecky, Lecky’s EUROSPAR, Castlederg

Rhonda and her team’s efforts have raised well over £10,000 for Cancer Fund for Children in the past seven years, and Rhonda has completed not one, but two treks – the Rocky Mountains in 2016 and the Inca Trail in 2017.

As our Million Pound Maker for Castlederg, and neighbouring towns Strabane, Omagh and the County, there’s no better woman to keep the fundraising fires stoked than Rhonda. She says; “Our shoppers and wider community have proven they are beyond generous by always supporting our charity partner, Cancer Fund for Children. We can’t wait to Make it to £1 Million!”

Gail Boyd, Creighton’s EUROSPAR, Finaghy

When it comes to rallying the troops, there’s no better woman than Gail Boyd. Gail has gathered teams for everything from an abseil in Dromore in 2011, to the New York City Marathon in 2014. A group also took on the Rocky Mountains Trek for the charity in 2016, raising a simply outstanding £46,055 and they’re never ones to shy away from the adrenalin pumping Zipline challenges.

Gail said of the campaign; “The past seven years have been full of fun while we raise money for an incredibly serious and worthy cause. We’re just delighted to have been able to help reach this £1 Million target and will spend the next few months helping get it over the line!”

Irene Hunter, EUROSPAR Dromara

Irene sees every season as an opportunity to help support Cancer Fund for Children. Not only does she oversee a ‘Santa’s Grotto’ and a Summer BBQ every year, but she organises raffles and gets behind the annual Coffee Morning with the local community. Irene’s team and local community have raised over £19,000 so far, so impressive they recently hit their local headlines!

Irene says; “I understand how big an impact doing small things for a charity can have, so when I heard about this campaign, I knew I had to be part of it! Our shoppers and wider community have been incredibly supportive and generous, I’m so proud to work in such a caring community!”

Pierce Kelly, Kelly’s EUROSPAR, Derry/Londonderry

Pierce and his wife Oonagh have supported Cancer Fund for Children since day one, not just participating in the organisations Treks and our own Coffee Mornings, but by creating their own events for their local community. Events include a sponsored slim in 2012, which raised an impressive £12,000, a Golf Day, a sky dive and the Mid Ulster Meander.

Pierce says; “Our community is one of the most supportive you could ask for, and as a team, we’re up for anything so long as it benefits this brilliant organisation. It’s been a pleasure to be involved with all the fundraising events over the years, so let’s make it to £1 million – and more!”

EUROSPAR Brownlow Road, Portadown

Part of a team that have gone so many extra miles for Cancer Fund for Children, they’ve practically made their own trek! They’ve done that too, though, by hiking Slieve Donard in 2018, taking their fundraising efforts to new heights! They’ve rolled up their sleeves for the Hug in a Mug campaign back in 2012, got boggin’ during The Bog Run in 2016, and they’re now ready to take on the Make it to £1 Million challenge.

“Bring it on. This is an amazing total to have in our sights, I am so proud that we are all a part of it. We’ll be ringing the bells and rallying our community, staff and management to keep going until we reach this total – and then keep going some more. If there’s anyone in our local community or County Armagh who wants to be part of this campaign, just get in touch and we’ll support you.”