The busy festive season is in full swing, and that means a to-do list that seems never ending. Tackling the ‘Big Christmas Clean’ seems daunting but if broken down into manage-able steps you can your house spick and span for your festive gathering.
- Start small! Even a 5–10 minute burst of cleaning or organising an area can make all the difference before you begin the big clean.
- Before you perform on any stage of cleaning, you should do a quick walkthrough around the house and take note of what needs to be done in each area of the house. You don’t need to waste your time guessing on what to do since you already know what to tackle. If you have someone to help you do the cleaning, you can also list down as to who will take care of certain chores. Instead of doing all the cleaning in one day, spread out the cleaning process for several days.
- After listing down the things that need to be done, the next thing you can do is to put everything back in its proper place. You won't have to waste time rearranging items or moving things from one area to another.
- Countertops will be getting a lot of attention during the Christmas season. Make sure you give them a deep clean before the big day. It's essential to wipe kitchen surfaces right after you prepare your food.
- When it comes to your fridge, get rid of all the expired items that you've kept inside your refrigerator. Wipe down each shelf for a sparkling sight.
- Your bathroom will be used more this season, so ensure that you scrub the floor, wipe down the toilet, and shower. Remove any stain on the sink and counters. Make sure that you put plenty of toilet papers and clean towels for your guests to use.
- Take it all in! Having a sparkling home that will take you from Christmas to New Year’s will let you focus on what really matters – spending time with your loved ones.